CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Long Time No Post!

Wow! I just decided to check out my blogs again I did not realize how long it has been since I updated my blogs! I sure hope you people weren't holding your breaths waiting on my next post?!? lol just kidding... but I will update ya on what has been going on so far with our little family.

We have been enjoying every second of parenthood and loving our lives together as a family! Daddy has been gone alot off and on here the past few months with underways and such although I was very glad that he got to come back home when I went into the hospital. Yea that's right I had a little stay in the hospital about the end of June.

I thought all of the terrible abdomen pain was appendicitis but turned out to be that a section of my large intestine was inflamed. So with about two days of antibiotics and NO FOOD, they decided to let me go home with all of us crossing our fingers that it didn't happen again or I was going to be dissected for the medical students to learn how to remove a portion of a person's large intestines...haha sarcasm of course! As bad as that sounds, they were more concerned with how high my blood pressure was, especially for my age, and were determined to figure out the cause before they released me from the hospital. Well an ultrasound and 50,000 questions later, they figured out that the cause of my high blood pressure is that God decided to loose a game of Operation while hard wiring my arteries in my mommy's tummy. Just a quick health lesson to explain: The aorta is the main artery that runs from your heart down to your kidneys where it splits to run to your left and right kidneys. As I commented a second ago, God decided to split my left artery a second time leaving me with two arteries running to my left kidney. If that is not weird enough, I guess he decided to make those arteries smaller than usual just to see what that would do. Turns out that causes high blood pressure in a girl that has never been to the doctor in her life other than to get a physical for sports! This is apparently so rare that doctor's do not have a name for it...lol lucky me! As of right now the blood pressure medicine is working wonders and keeping it down, but if that ever decides to stop working then I will have to undergo surgery to put a stint in my right artery and to reconstruct my two left arteries into a large one.

So our summer was quite eventful needless to say..lol! However, we have our baby girl's first birthday coming up soon so we are still planning all the party favors for that exciting/sad day!! Keep ya posted!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment